Technical Knowledge Base (TKB)
Become an ECA WA member to get access to TKB for up to 10 employees
At ECA WA we continually strive to lead the way with the services we provide to our members. So when you asked for a more innovative way to access technical information and advice, we listened. We’re proud to introduce 'TKB', our online searchable Technical Knowledge Base, developed by ECA WA specifically for the electrical industry.
Can you imagine being able to search the Wiring Rules at the job site using your tablet or smartphone? Within seconds you could find the clause, figure or table you need, instantly search various Standards, network operator requirements, technical alerts, or download a free inspection checklist.
|A fully searchable, convenient self-service product - accessible via your computer and smart devices, 24/7.||FAQs and comprehensive articles referencing Australian Standards, WAER, WADCM, WorkSafe, EnergySafety's Energy Bulletins, Western Power forms and industry alerts.|
|Entire archive of Energy Bulletins with searchable contents lists.||Access to search sections of AS/NZS 2067, 2293.1, 2790, 3000, 3001, 3003, 3004, 3008.1, 3010, 3012, 3017, 3760, 4509, 4777, 4836, 5033|
|‘Submit a request’ - send the Technical Team your query (responded to during business hours).||Fresh content and features will be regularly uploaded to suit member needs and address industry hot topics.|
Our aim is to regularly update the knowledge base with articles based on topics you’re asking about, as well as product recalls and eAlerts. We have also purchased licences from SAI Global to allow you to search, not only the Wiring Rules, but several other Australian Standards.
How to log into TKB
- Click on the 'Log in to TKB' button as seen on the homepage (button image also above), or click here.
- When the ‘Sign in to TKB page’ opens, enter your email address and password (in lower case).
- If you need a reminder of your secure TKB login details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to request TKB access
ECA WA members are entitled to TKB access for up to 10 employees. The member company is responsible for ensuring all TKB users abide by the terms of the TKB User Agreement.
- Go to the Member Area login page by clicking here.
- Enter your login details and log in.
- In the centre of the screen, you will see a list of any company contacts we have been provided with.
- Click on the blue pencil icon to view each contact’s details.
- If the contact has a tick next to the TKB box, they have already been provided with TKB access. Their TKB login is the email address that is shown above.
- To request TKB access for another employee, click on the ADD NEW button and complete the following fields (as a minimum):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (please ensure the email is not allocated to anyone else in the contacts list)
- Mobile (if available)
- Tick the TKB box
- Click SAVE and CLOSE to exit this screen.
- An automatic email will be sent with their TKB login details, to the email address provided.