News & Views
19th March 2020
Coronavirus - Update from ECA WA CEO
We wish to reassure you that the safety and wellbeing of everyone of our staff, students and apprentices are our highest priority. Our organisation is taking all reasonable measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Federal Government has announced on 15 March 2020:
“that anyone returning to Australia from overseas is required to self-isolate (quarantine) for a period of 14 days. Note this is legally enforceable and so any anyone in this situation must not return to the Colleges or ECA Inc offices for a period of 14 days.”
ECA WA Inc requests that:
- any staff or students or apprentices who have returned to Australia from overseas since Sunday 15 March 2020 must self-isolate for a period of 14 days before returning to the College or ECA WA Incs offices.
- if someone from the same household as a staff member, student or apprentice has returned to Australia from overseas since 15 March and exhibits any flu-like symptoms, then that staff or student or apprentice is requested to self-isolate for a period of 14 days before returning to their College or ECA WA Incs offices.
- if a staff member or student or apprentice does have COVID-19 symptoms and has had possible exposure to the virus, they should not attend the college or ECA WA Incs offices until they have medical confirmation that they do not have COVID-19.
- any staff member or student or apprentice informed by public health authorities that they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus must isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
On Friday 13 March, the Federal Government announced the following measures aimed at reducing the spread of the virus:
- “limiting non-essential organised "static" gatherings to fewer than 500 people
- limiting non-essential meetings or conferences of critical workforce eg. healthcare professionals and emergency services
- encouraging all Australians to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures
ECA WA Inc will continue to provide updates regarding COVID-19 and its implications for staff, students and host employers.
CEO - ECA WA Inc